Saturday, July 15, 2017

Be Seen Differently

Hello everyone.

I'm leaving for Teen Camp in about an hour.  I will be there running some of the activities.  My oldest son. Caleb will be a counselor.  My youngest son, Aaron, will be a camper.  I'm sure it will be an awesome week.  Any way, I wanted to share this before heading out the door.

In my study of Deuteronomy, I saw this in chapter 4.  Moses is speaking to the people of Israel and says this in verses 5 and 6: "See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the Lord my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it.  Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear all about these decrees and say, 'Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.'"  Moses explains to his people that if they follow the laws and observe the decrees that God has given them that their neighbors will be impressed and remark on their wisdom and understanding.

Would you like to impress your neighbors and co-workers with your own wisdom and understanding? It is pretty cool when people recognize that you are different (in a good way) from everyone else. The formula for this is still the same.  Dig deeply into God's word and do what it says.  It will change you and make you different from the world around you.  And people will notice the difference, and say, "Surely, this great (insert your name here) is a wise and understanding person." So let the world see your wisdom and God will be glorified.

See you after camp.
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment