Sunday, April 15, 2012

Holding it all together

Hello everyone.

This post is short and sweet, but I think you'll like it.  In Col. 1:17 it says, "He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." The context here is that Paul is talking about the supremacy of Christ.  Jesus had created everything, whether visible or invisible. It was created by Him and for Him. He is supreme.  What I want to focus on is the statement Paul makes that says that Jesus holds all things together. There are some obvious things that we think of here. That Jesus holds the church together and that Jesus holds creation together can be seen clearly from the context here. But I want us to think about how Jesus holds everything together on a more personal level. 

Not only does Jesus hold the Earth together, but he holds my life together. Within my life, he holds my marriage together, he holds my family together, he even holds my career as a teacher together, often working things out for me in ways I could have never expected. And everything that I do, I am better at it, if I allow Jesus to be supreme in it. (This year, the Hugheses are going to the World Discipleship Summit in San Antonio.  Jesus is even holding my vacation together.)  I can see Jesus at work in big and small ways, holding my life together for me. I hope you can too.

Tom

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the richness of your learning from the SOURCE (Jesus), and GOD the Father.

    I totally relate to this teaching and what you concluded:"Jesus holds my life together", in every realm.
    Thanks BIG BOY! - Most excellent!

    ReplyDelete