Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hey everyone
It is time for my second post on my new blog.  I am still trying to figure a lot of this out, as I am clearly not as smooth with the technology as Ross.  Any way, I hope you enjoy it.

I found this interesting.  In II Timothy 1:10, Paul says that Jesus destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light.  Pretty cool.  What this is telling me is that Jesus reveals immortality, or eternal life, but also reveals a "life" to us that is not eternal life, but this life.  In other words, Jesus shows us how to live.  The world is full of unhappiness and death, but Jesus has conquered all of that for us, and revealed life to us, both in this life and in the life to come.

Last week, when I was finishing up I Timothy, I noticed this in I Tim. 6:17, where it says, "to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment."  This tells me that God is at work on my behalf, giving me a life that I can enjoy.  (And the truth is, I do really enjoy my life.  I hope you enjoy yours.)  As Paul is nearing the conclusion of I Timothy in I Tim. 6:19, he tells Timothy that people should "take hold of the life that is truly life." 

If I put these three verses together, this is what I take away from it.  God really wants us to put our hope and trust in Him, and he wants us to live good lives and be happy.  So we put our hope in God's eternal life, and strive to live enjoyable lives now.  That is what Jesus offers, so take hold of it.

Tom 




No comments:

Post a Comment